Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Christmas Ornament Card

I think I may have an addiction to dies! I keep telling myself I have enough already, and then I see soma new set and picture all sorts of lovely ways to use those dies on cards, and suddenly I have to buy more magnetic sheets and cases because I have too many dies to fit in the cases I have!
Well, last week at the craft outlet where I like to shop, they had the memory category on sale. That means dies, cardstock, embellishments, adhesives, MEXPY markers, etc. were 70% off retail price. Plus it's my birthday this month, so I had an excuse to buy some new things, including the gorgeous dies I used for this card (Couture Holly Jolly Christmas Collection). I just couldn't resist buying them!
To make my card base, I took a 12x12 sheet of white shimmer cardstock and cut it in half. Then I folded one of the 6X12 pieces in half to make a 6x6 card base. I used the largest die in the ornament set to cut out my card. I simply left a little room up by the fold where I taped the die down so as not to cut the card into 2 separate pieces. Since I planned to use the ornament topper to cover the fold, I wasn't worried about the top not being perfectly rounded.
At first I was going to layer this with silver card die cut with the various sizes of dies, but when I did that, I didn't like the look as much as I thought I would. So I decided to emboss the card with the dies instead. I like the elegance of the white card with just a couple silver elements (the smallest die and the ornament topper) and the fun candy cane striped ribbon.
Here's a close up of the smallest die and the embossing effects. The holly leaves even have embossed veins in them.
Inside of the card I used one of the Christmas flairs I won from Bossy Joscie, one of the sponsors for Word Art Wednesday's 200th challenge.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - 2W, E1, Must be Christmas-  (W1 of 2)  - Layers or Textures
Craft for the Craic - M, 5E (First Friday of the month) - September - Anything Bur a Square or  Rectangle
Crafty Catz - W, 3E – #293 - Special Occasion
Left of Center Creative Challenges W - No.96 - No designer papers
Simply Create Too - 2W - No.94 - (W2 of 2) - Early Holiday Wishes
Allsorts W,3E  sparkle (my ribbon is sparkly)
613 Avenue Create - W - #142 Anything Goes or Women's Friendship Day and Free Sentiments
Glitter n Sparkle - W - #155 Use Punch or a Die Cut
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - 2W (1st and 3rd Sunday) E3 #18 Anything Goes   (W1 of 2)
One Stitch At A Time - 2W, SIO - #246 Anything Goes with Leaves (W1 of 2)
Card and Scrap (2W, P1/15) #103 Use Dies
Happy Little Stampers Christmas (M,P5) Holly (the embossed design is holly sprigs)
Noor! Designs UK (M,P1) #10 Shaped Cards
ABC Christmas Challenge - 2W, Christmas -  'S' is for Silent (Week 2 of 2)
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - M, 2E, must be Winter Holiday (September)-  Festive Décor
Inspiration Destination - W, F- #52 Always Anything Goes 



Whimsy Inspiration -Monthly 3rd Wed posting3E, SIO  - #86 Anything Goes or Halloween
WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week - #202 - Anything Goes
A Snowflakes Promise 2W, E3, Must be Christmas/winter themed #6 - Winter or Chritmas Themed (Week 1)
Digi Choosday Challenge -W,E2, - #38 - Ribbon and Lace
Paper Minutes #401 Christmas
Papertake Weekly  Christmas
Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes
Craft-Dee BowZ - M, E3, project must have bow - (SeptemberAnything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card and so very elegant Carrie, many thanks for joining our Sparkle week at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Carrie thank you for joining us over on Crafty Catz on this week's challenge
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck..Genny DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossing, lovely shape too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

    Hugs, Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. I think you and I could be best friends...I constantly see all these gorgeous dies I own and some I haven't even used yet I find more that I have to have. I'm addicted, too! This ornament is so pretty and it's a great card for our challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin! Thanks so much for joining us and good luck in your challenges! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant creation...beautiful embossing.
    So glad you joined in the S challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute design! Love that ornament. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super shaped card.Just love all the embossing and details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Carrie thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT with your card with leaves, a sweet addition to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back again with a different DT hat this time. I love your card and am so glad you joined us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our September challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card, such a cute little holly die, thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Carrie,
    well done on the Top 3 spot at ABC Christmas challenge......

    YOU Need to pop by the challenge blog again before the 13th October!!!! cause there is a surprise there for you! GRIN!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete